Sunday, January 11, 2009

Have you every tried handmade soap?

I hadn't until November 2008, and honestly I didn't know what I was missing. It is absolutely amazing, and it doesn't have all the harsh ingredients that regular body washes and soaps you would normally buy at Target or Walgreen's.

Recently I bought some soap from a fellow etsian OakenstoneHandmade. It was her all natural oatmeal soap. Here is a pic.

Photobucket

I had been desperately searching for a new facial cleanser that would help clear my minor acne problems, and I have to say, this stuff is absolutely amazing. On one side it has scrubby oatmeal, and on the other side it is smooth and soft. I have yet to find another soap that lathers as well.

Another great thing is this soap, although small in comparison to other soaps I have bought, it lasts an incredibly long time. Longer than some 5 oz soaps. You gotta love that!

I have heard nothing but good about this seller and her products. I think I am going to try her Chai Tea Handmade Soap next for use in the shower. I will let you know how I like it. She also has a coffee soap that gets rave reviews.

For 4.00 plus shipping, you can have this soap delivered to your door. Yeah, a little expensive for those that haven't tried it, but well worth every penny.

2 comments:

  1. I am a handmade soap junkie - I can't go back to drugstore brands.
    That oatmeal soap sounds so wonderful and pure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about handmade soap! I have one I buy from a fellow etsian that is orange and is amazing! You can't get scents like that at a regular store! I may try that oatmeal. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete